Loller asks, “I would love to learn about giving tarot readings for people we don’t know but are at a distance and so cannot handle the cards. I have trouble tapping into these sorts of readings…”
We are creatures of habit. Once we start doing thing one way, we don’t really want to do it another way. Tarot readers are no different. They are people too, after all. Every one of us tends to read Tarot cards a certain way and we become very good at it. Our reading system becomes bulletproof. But, what do we do if we have to change our style and our way of doing readings?
Transitioning From Face-to-Face Reading to Distance Reading
Let’s say you have been reading Tarot for people you either know or you have been doing readings face-to-face. We can safely say that these are the main characteristics and main advantages of doing reading face-to-face:
- Your clients shuffle the cards right in front of you;
- You are able to tap into their energy with ease because they are right there;
- Their spirit guides can put the Tarot deck in the right order as they are shuffling it;
- You can see every expression of their face and body language to give you extra guidance during a reading.
All these things are going for you and you have been reading like this for some time. You are completely comfortable in your skin. You are confident even in front of the toughest clients who don’t move a muscle (the tough skeptics with poker faces). Life is good!
And then, BAM! You are facing a brand new door and you don’t know how to open it and what’s waiting for you behind it. You are facing a challenge of doing readings online for complete strangers, probably over email or Skype. There is no prior contact, no emphatic energy tapping, no facial expressions, and body language. You don’t even see their face! Is it even possible to do accurate readings like this?! Let’s be honest, you are being challenged to get out of your comfort zone. You must believe me when I tell you that anything is possible when working with the spirit world. There are no limits or boundaries, so Yes! Reading online is just as effective and accurate as reading face-to-face.
So, how do you do Tarot readings for complete strangers who live anywhere in the world? First of all, take a deep breath. It’s not that much different than reading for someone face-to-face. You just have to change your attitude and realize it’s a matter of perspective. I will guide you through this change and show you what to focus on so this transition becomes easy for you. Please, read on:
We, Tarot readers, work with the energies of the spirit world. We have to realize that in those realms, there are no borders or limits. There is no time. Time literally does not exist in the spirit world. Everything happens instantaneously. Also, distance does not exist. Energies are not separated by distance. All the entities and energies of the spirit world exist in all places and at the same time, all the time.
They are energy beings who “live” in “higher realms”,or the spirit world, which means that they vibrate on a higher energy level in dimensions we cannot exist in because we have physical bodies. Our bodies were made to live on this plane, but we have brains which can be trained to connect with these higher vibration beings. So, basically, we are capable to “live” in two different places: here on Earth as well as in the spirit world. We have that capability. The book Opening to Channel talks about this: “…all time is simultaneous. We (spirit guides) are outside of your linear time and space constructs. We see the entirety of the work we are doing together with you, while you only see it step by step.” This illustrates the fact that if you decide to do Tarot readings for complete strangers from across the world, you shouldn’t fear that the distance or you inability to see those people are going to hinder you.
Believe the fact that distance and place (and time) don’t matter because the spirit world already knows what you are going to ask the cards and you will pull the cards that accurately express your client’s situation. Once you allow yourself to believe it, you are on your way to success.
By doing Tarot readings of any kind, we are tapping into The Collective Consciousness. “We can surmise that the phrase collective consciousness implies an internal knowing known by all, or a consciousness shared by a plurality of persons. The easiest way to think of the phrase (even with its extremely loaded historical content) is to regard it as being an idea or proclivity that we all share, whoever specifically “we” might entail,” (source The University of Chicago). We can imagine it as a “place” where all the information of all time is stored, at every instance and in every place possible, and it is accessible to us all.
Remote Viewing describes this process, too. It is “the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target using subjective means, in particular, extrasensory perception (ESP) or “sensing with mind,” (source Wikipedia).
Differences to Understand | What to Avoid | What to Embrace
- Fear of the unknown is your biggest obstacle. Please, don’t be afraid. There is nothing to be afraid of. Tarot readings for people you don’t see are the same readings you do for people who sit right across the table from you. The principle is the same. Do not let your fear stop you or hold you back.
- To help you overcome your fear, understand the risk. What is the risk here? Inaccuracy. Right? You can be just as inaccurate in your face-to-face reading. If you follow your pre-reading procedures such as your calming meditation, grounding yourself, visualization, asking your guides to help you, etc., you can stay assured that you will be guided and shown only accurate information about your client. Have faith. The first time is always the hardest. After your first distance reading, you will see how fabulous it felt! Your client’s feedback will give you the needed boost for your self-confidence to continue. You don’t feel confident about your meditation? Check out my blog post. You’ll find a step-by-step method to empty your mind efficiently.
- Ask your guides to help you, to give you the most accurate information and clear visions. If you want it to be easy and smooth, it will be. You just have to ask for it and believe it will be delivered. The spirit world works that way. I always ask my guides to help me give the most accurate and helpful readings and I always do. My specialty is doing Tarot readings over emails.
- You have to shuffle the cards by yourself. Imagine that your client is shuffling the cards through your hands. Or imagine that your client is unable to shuffle the deck and you have to do it for him or her. While you are shuffling, focus strongly on the name of your client and his or her question. Keep them in mind until you are ready to stop shuffling. Do not feel like your shuffling the cards for your client is inadequate. That’s negative thinking. Always think positively and trust that you will pull the cards that need to be pulled.
- You have to rely on your intuition more heavily. You should be very well prepared. Try to meditate more thoroughly. Really prepare yourself well before your distance readings. Use your crystals to help you raise your vibration. Do your five minute meditation to truly empty your mind and connect with the spirit world. If you don’t know how to “empty your mind”, read my blog post about How to Empty Your Mind in Meditation. You have to be in a quiet place and undisturbed so you are be able to pick up the slightest messages and visions. You do not have an opportunity to see your client face-to-face, but you can “see” him or her through your mind (via your intuition). And of course, Tarot cards will show you the way too. Follow their lead. Tarot always shows the true nature of energies of the situation.
Trust yourself. Don’t doubt yourself. Follow your visions. Write down everything you see, feel, hear, or taste. Go with the first impression you get. Do not start thinking about your first impressions because that means your logic is at play. No matter how improbable or outrageous your visions get, follow them. Don’t question them. They are the answers you are looking for.
The huge advantage of distance Tarot readings is the fact that you can take as much time as you want. So, don’t rush through it. Take your time. You will become faster and smoother with more practice. Good luck!
Once you get comfortable doing distance Tarot readings, consider reading my blog post about How to Spend Less Time on Tarot Reading Without Compromising Its Quality as well as Sell and Promote your Tarot Readings Online.
Have you been considering starting to do distance readings? Or are you a distance-reading professional? Share your thoughts with me!
Follow me on Pinterest